CBD oil is commonly being used by many people to treat pain related to chronic conditions such as arthritis. Ankylosing spondylitis is a debilitating disorder causing pain along the spine due to inflammation.
Instead of usual joint pain and arthritis, this condition affects younger men especially teenage boys more predominantly. It causes moderate to severe back pain progressively increasing with time. Corticosteroids and NSAIDs have to be taken for longer periods and can cause potential adverse effects.
CBD might be a safe alternative to treat the pain-related symptoms of Ankylosing spondylitis. You can visit the JustCBD store to purchase genuine CBD oil online. They are legal sellers and produce high-quality products. Their products are authenticated with thorough laboratory testing.
Ankylosing spondylitis: Causes, symptoms, and treatment
The fusion of vertebrae during this condition causes ankylosis which results in loss mobility and flexibility of the spinal column. In some patients, breathing might be affected due to the involvement of the ribs. The fusion and inflammation of the spinal vertebrae can cause:
- Pain in the joints and buttocks
- Inflammation of eyes
- Excessive fatigue
- Increased risk for developing osteoarthritis and cardiovascular disease
- Severe pain can affect the normal flow of life including adequate sleep
The condition is caused predominantly by alterations in the HLA-B gene which then affects the production of immune-modulating proteins.
The most common treatment of ankylosis spondylitis runs around 3 parameters:
- Symptomatic pain relief with long-term NSAIDs and opiates.
- Reduction of inflammatory response with Corticosteroids.
- Disease-modifying medication and TNF inhibitors.
All these drugs have severe long-term effects and should be taken only under medical supervision.
How does CBD help with Ankylosing spondylitis?
The most common explanation of the effectiveness of cannabinoids in the treatment of this condition is because of its strong anti-inflammatory action. By reducing the inflammation caused by an overactive immune system, can effectively alleviate the resulting pain and stiffness.
CBD can provide symptomatic pain relief in patients suffering from spondylitis by using full-spectrum CBD (THC and CBD combined) products due to the following advantages:
- Synergistic action of cannabis and hemp.
- Their entourage effect also reduces the psychoactive properties of these substances.
- Enhanced anti-inflammatory and pain-reducing properties.
You can also use CBD alone in the following formulations:
- Oral pills: The edible or capsule form of CBD is effective in providing overall systemic relief of symptoms as it is absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Inhalation cannabinoids: This form of CBD increases its bioavailability and is efficient in providing immediate pain relief during triggers and painful attacks.
- Topical balms: When massaged into a specific area, they can provide a great level of pain relief if a single joint is affected.
All these routes of administration of CBD have their own disadvantages. Therefore, you must weigh the cons over pros to select a formulation that works the best for you. Always buy CBD from sources that provide lab-reports of authenticity and quality from third-party labs.
Consult a physician if you are currently taking any other medications as CBD can interfere with their absorption and bioavailability.